Gambling...the Extraplanar Way.

May 08, 2005

Banzai!

Dungeons and Dragons' players are quite aware of that little phenomenon called "mangling the English language". As our DM pointed out: "isn't it strange that even with using the English language, we still manage to create our own set of terms that would fill up a whole new dictionary?"

Recap: We have just been given a magical artifact called the "deck of many things" (too many if you ask me). It was given by Olidhamarra. The goddess, I mean god, I mean goddess, I mean god...sheesh. Anyway, its realm are illusion, chaos, trickery and well, the art of the subtle disappearances of valuable objects.

Here's the deal. Literally.

It's a double-edged artifact. Half of it brings extraordinary fortune and the other half...you know the rule.


The moment of defining truth: the irascible Blue Rogue was scared shitless. But a character is a character. So, in order not to be an embarassment to my kind, I concurred.

Somebody wished I did not. Hehe.

Rax made 5 consecutive unlucky draws. Including the appearance of a minor demon (and no, it was not Abraxas).

After the ensuing battle, we made a series of pseudo-occultish ceremonies (turn right three times, wave to the left and say Banzai!. Jump). Then we dealt again.

Rax used her left foot this time to draw.

It worked. At least, it worked once.

Then she drew Death (she drew with her right foot). Scythe, hood and all.

Haha.

She is currently being ressurected by a high-level Cleric. Hopefully, she would not lose any ability scores, feats and level. She worked too hard for that quivering palm. And she's been aiming for that vorpal strike.

I bet you understood what I said. Hehe.

As for me, I tried throwing the deck from the side of our ship but I'm still weighing the inevitable pain I will incur from my companions against a fifty-fifty chance to get a crippling misfortune. Some rogue, huh? We draw again after a month. Hopefully, my greater invisibility will be enough to hide me 'til then. And yes, I have the grace to feel ashamed while writing this.

Everybody...
(Turn right three times, wave to the left and say Banzai! Jump).



Oh dear.
I think we were supposed to do it in reverse.

Happy gambling.


P.S. Mashiara, thank you for having that colorful experience. I hope you did not mind that I used it as fodder for my partial action before the initiative. -BR

blue rogue